JD: Shipping/Receiving Clerk - Forklift Driver / Fairfield Distribution Center
Prepares items for shipping and receiving.
Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- Inspect incoming loads of raw materials and other supplies for accuracy against paperwork. (Ups, fed ex, and other delivery agencies).
- Order and coordinate delivery of raw material needed for the production schedule.
- Works closely with the purchasing department to insure all receive is done correctly and in a timely manner and received the system.
- Fill small customer orders including refrigerator orders.
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, and seals loaded truck doors.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies S&R Supervisor for repair.
- Compiles records of unfilled orders.
- Prepares bills of lading.
- Assist with monthly and weekly inventories.
Education and/or Experience
Forklift Certified One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order processing systems; Payroll systems and Spreadsheet software. SAP experience desired.