JD: Quality Systems Specialist / Calistoga
The leader of Quality Systems primary responsibilities and duties are to develop, improve and maintain the company’s Quality and Food Safety Management Systems and Certifications.
Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the quality and food safety systems in the company; authorized as a food safety practitioner.
- Establishes, modifies, follows and monitors BRC, GMP, HACCP, IIPP, Food Safety and SOPs guidelines.
- Audits and maintains systems, logs and other paperwork as needed for proper systems documentation.
- Responsible for Document Control for all operations’ documentation.
- Authorized to approve HACCP documentation and perform internal audits.
- Responsible for maintaining the company’s training program for all plant personnel with regards to food safety and quality.
- Works with management to discuss, diagnose problems and improve quality and food safety systems as the leader of Management Review Process.
- Communicates issue’s and operations with management.
- Responsible for upholding food safety standards in the company including being HACCP certified.
- Acts as the food safety manager when QA manager is not present.
- Assists in providing safe working conditions for all employees.
- Develops and maintains positive and professional relationships with all employees and management.
- Optimizes OPS efficiency and coordinates plants’ needs accordingly.
- Streamline Food Safety Management and Quality Systems.
Education and/or Experience
College Degree, technical certification or 5+ years of relevant experience required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order processing systems; Payroll systems and Spreadsheet software. SAP experience desired.