JD: Accounts Payable Processor / Calistoga
Prepares and processes payments accurately and on time for amounts owed by the company. Reviews and verifies all purchase orders, statements, and invoices needed to prepare payments. Reconciles bills and balances accounts. Identifies and resolves any discrepancies to an account. Tracks all payment and transaction records using applicable systems by performing the following duties.
Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes Operating expenses including monthly reoccurring payments.
- Handles Employee Expense Reports.
- Vendor Set Up.
- Track Vendors for 1099 & W-9.
- Month End Accruals.
- Petty Cash Tracking.
- Inter-company Billing.
- Employee Advances and Payments, etc.
- Monthly/Quarterly payments to various state agencies.
- Various Month end Reconciliations.
- Commission Payments.
- Develops and implements record keeping systems, forms, policies, and procedures related to billing, processing payments, and other accounts payable and receivable activities.
- Identifies and resolves problems and inconsistencies and suggests appropriate corrective procedures.
- Communicates and coordinates accounting policies, practices, and procedures with department and company managers and officials, vendors, reporting agencies, clients, customers, and the public.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Adjusts errors and complaints.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma and 1-2 years’ experience in Accounts Payables; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software (currently using SAP); Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.