Terms and Conditions for the Sale of Crystal Geyser Water Company’s Goods
These terms and conditions of sale (these “Terms”) covers the sale of Goods from Seller to Buyer (defined herein-below), and is a part of and incorporated into the Reseller Agreement (the “Reseller Agreement”) between Crystal Geyser Water Company (“Seller”) and each of Seller’s authorized resellers (each a “Buyer”). These Terms, the Reseller Agreement, and any accompanying confirmation of sale from Seller are the only terms which govern the sale of Goods, and comprise the entire agreement between the parties. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, the terms of a Reseller Agreement shall prevail to the extent they are inconsistent with or conflict with these Terms.
These Terms prevail over any of Buyer’s general terms and conditions of purchase regardless OF whether or when Buyer has submitted its purchase order or such terms. Fulfillment of Buyer’s order does not constitute acceptance of any of Buyer’s terms and conditions and does not serve to modify or amend these Terms.
(a) By issuing an order for Goods to Seller, Buyer makes an offer to purchase such Goods pursuant to these Terms. Seller has no obligation to accept any order; however, Seller may accept an order by confirming the order in writing or by delivering the applicable Goods to Buyer, whichever occurs first (each accepted order, an “Order”). Seller may reject or cancel an Order, which it may do without liability or penalty, and without constituting a waiver of any of Seller’s rights or remedies under these Terms.
(b) Upon acceptance of an Order, Buyer shall be obligated to purchase from Seller quantities of Goods specified in such Order. Cancellation or modification of all or part of any Order is subject to Seller’s prior written consent in each instance. If cancellation or modification is allowed, Buyer agrees to pay to Seller all expenses incurred and damage sustained by Seller as a result of the cancellation or modification.
(a) The Goods will be delivered within a reasonable time after the receipt of an Order, subject to availability of finished Goods. Seller shall not be liable for any delays, loss or damage in transit.
(b) Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the parties, Seller will at Seller’s cost and expense deliver the Goods, at the location specified in the Order (the “Delivery Point”), using Seller’s standard methods for packaging and shipping. Buyer shall take delivery of the Goods within 2 days of Seller’s written notice that the Goods have been delivered to the Delivery Point. Buyer shall be responsible for all loading costs and provide equipment and labor reasonably suited for receipt of the Goods at the Delivery Point.
(c) Seller may, in its sole discretion, without liability or penalty, make partial shipments of Goods to Buyer. Each shipment will constitute a separate sale, and Buyer shall pay for the units shipped whether such shipment is in whole or partial fulfillment of Buyer’s Order.
- Non-Delivery. The quantity of any installment of Goods as recorded by Seller on dispatch from Seller’s place of business is conclusive evidence of the quantity received by Buyer on delivery unless Buyer can provide conclusive evidence proving the contrary. The Seller shall not be liable for any non-delivery of Goods (even if caused by Seller’s negligence) unless Buyer gives written notice to Seller of the non-delivery within 5 days of the date when the Goods would in the ordinary course of events have been received. Any liability of Seller for non-delivery of the Goods shall be limited to replacing the Goods within a reasonable time or adjusting the invoice respecting such Goods to reflect the actual quantity delivered.
- Quantity. If Seller delivers to Buyer a quantity of Goods of up to 5% more or less than the quantity set forth in the Order, Buyer shall not be entitled to object to or reject the Goods or any portion of them by reason of the surplus or shortfall and shall pay for such Goods at the price set forth in the Order adjusted pro rata.
- Shipping Terms. Delivery shall be made FOB Seller’s warehouse in Calistoga, California (“Seller’s Location”). In the case of international shipments, deliveries will be made FOB Seller’s applicable warehouse.
- Title and Risk of Loss. Title to Goods shipped passes to Buyer upon Buyer’s receipt of the Goods. Risk of loss or damage passes to Buyer upon delivery to the carrier.
- Inspection and Rejection of Nonconforming Goods.
(a) Buyer shall inspect the Goods within three days of receipt (“Inspection Period”). Buyer will be deemed to have accepted the Goods unless it notifies Seller in writing of any Nonconforming Goods during the Inspection Period and furnishes such written evidence or other documentation as required by Seller. “Nonconforming Goods” means only the following: (i) product shipped is different than identified in the Order; or (ii) product’s label or packaging incorrectly identifies its contents.
(b) If Buyer timely notifies Seller of any Nonconforming Goods, Seller shall, in its sole discretion, (i) replace such Nonconforming Goods with conforming Goods, or (ii) credit or refund the price for such Nonconforming Goods, together with any reasonable shipping and handling expenses incurred by Buyer in connection therewith.
(c) Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the remedies set forth in this Section are Buyer’s exclusive remedies for the delivery of Nonconforming Goods. Except as provided under this Section, all sales of Goods to Buyer are made on a one-way basis and Buyer has no right to return Goods purchased under these Terms to Seller.
(a) Buyer shall purchase the Goods from Seller at the prices (the “Prices”) set forth in any price sheet provided to Buyer by Seller. Seller shall provide price sheets in writing by email, EDI, or on its website. If the Prices should be increased by Seller, Seller will provide Buyer with 30 days’ email notice of such price increase.
(b) All Prices are exclusive of all sales, use and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties and charges of any kind imposed by any governmental authority on any amounts payable by Buyer. Buyer shall be responsible for all such charges, costs and taxes; provided, that, Buyer shall not be responsible for any taxes imposed on, or with respect to, Seller’s income, revenues, gross receipts, personnel or real or personal property or other assets.
- Payment Terms.
(a) Buyer shall pay all invoiced amounts due to Seller within 30 days from the date of Seller’s invoice. Buyer shall make all payments hereunder by check, wire transfer, or credit card and in US dollars.
(b) Buyer shall pay interest on all late payments at the lesser of the rate of 1.5% per month or the highest rate permissible under applicable law, calculated daily and compounded monthly. Buyer shall reimburse Seller for all costs incurred in collecting any late payments, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees. In addition to all other remedies available under these Terms or at law (which Seller does not waive by the exercise of any rights hereunder), Seller shall be entitled to suspend the delivery of any Goods if Buyer fails to pay any amounts when due hereunder and such failure continues for 5 days following written notice thereof.
(c) Buyer shall not withhold payment of any amounts due and payable by reason of any set-off of any claim or dispute with Seller, whether relating to Seller’s breach, bankruptcy or otherwise.
- Limited Warranty.
(a) Seller warrants to Buyer that for a Period of one year (the “Warranty Period”) the Goods will be free from material defects in material and workmanship.
(b) EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 11(A), SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS, INCLUDING ANY (a) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; (b) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (c) WARRANTY OF TITLE; OR (d) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE.
(c) Seller shall not be liable for a breach of the warranty set forth herein unless: (i) Buyer gives written notice of the defect, reasonably described, to Seller within two days of the time when Buyer discovers or ought to have discovered the defect; (ii) Seller is given a reasonable opportunity after receiving the notice to examine such Goods and Buyer (if requested to do so by Seller) returns such Goods to Seller’s place of business at Seller’s cost for the examination to take place there; and (iii) Seller reasonably verifies Buyer’s claim that the Goods are defective.
(d) Seller shall not be liable for a breach of the warranty set forth herein if: (i) Buyer makes any further use of such Goods after giving such notice; (ii) the defect arises because Buyer failed to follow Seller’s oral or written instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning, use or maintenance of the Goods; or (iii) Buyer alters or repairs such Goods without the prior written consent of Seller.
(e) Subject to the terms of this Section, with respect to any such Goods during the Warranty Period, Seller shall, in its sole discretion, either: (i) repair or replace such Goods (or the defective part) or (ii) credit or refund the price of such Goods at the pro rata contract rate provided that, if Seller so requests, Buyer shall, at Seller’s expense, return such Goods to Seller.
(f) THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION SHALL BE THE BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND SELLER’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION.
- Limitation of Liability
(a) IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE TO BUYER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE OR PROFIT OR LOSS OF DATA OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT SELLER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OR OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
(b) IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO these Terms WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL OF THE AMOUNTS PAID TO SELLER FOR THE GOODS SOLD HEREUNDER.
(c) The limitation of liability set forth in this Section shall not apply to (i) liability resulting from Seller’s gross negligence or willful misconduct and (ii) death or bodily injury resulting from Seller’s acts or omissions.
- Resale of Goods.
(a) Buyer may only resell Goods if it has entered into a Reseller Agreement with Seller. Unless permitted by the Reseller Agreement, Buyer may only resell Goods to end-users or consumers and is prohibited from selling Goods to persons or entities that intend to resell the Goods (each a “Secondary Reseller”).
(b) If Buyer has entered into a Reseller Agreement with Seller, then Buyer may offer customers Seller’s limited consumer warranty. This warranty is void if sold to a Secondary Reseller.
(c) In the event Buyer breaches this section or sells to a Secondary Reseller, then Seller may terminate the relationship with Buyer and pursue any remedies Seller may have under these Terms or at law or equity.
- Compliance with Law. Buyer shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Buyer shall maintain in effect all the licenses, permissions, authorizations, consents and permits that it needs to carry out its obligations under these Terms.
- Termination. In addition to any remedies that may be provided under these Terms, Seller may terminate these Terms with immediate effect upon written notice to Buyer, if Buyer: (i) fails to pay any amount when due under these Terms; or (ii) has not otherwise performed or complied with any of these Terms, in whole or in part.
- Confidential Information. All non-public, confidential or proprietary information of Seller, including but not limited to specifications, samples, patterns, designs, plans, drawings, documents, data, business operations, customer lists, pricing, discounts or rebates, disclosed by Seller to Buyer, whether disclosed orally or disclosed or accessed in written, electronic or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated or otherwise identified as “confidential” in connection with these Terms is confidential, solely for the use of performing these Terms and may not be disclosed or copied unless authorized in advance by Seller in writing. Upon Seller’s request, Buyer shall promptly return all documents and other materials received from Seller. Seller shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any violation of this Section. This Section does not apply to information that is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to Buyer at the time of disclosure; or (c) rightfully obtained by Buyer on a non-confidential basis from a third party.
- Force Majeure. Seller shall not be liable or responsible to Buyer, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached these Terms, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any of these Terms when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Seller including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, terrorist threats or acts, riot, or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to either party’s workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
(a) Assignment. Buyer shall not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under these Terms without the prior written consent of Seller. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves Buyer of any of its obligations under these Terms.
(b) Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in these Terms shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
(c) Waiver. No waiver by Seller of any of the provisions of these Terms is effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by Seller. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from these Terms operates, or may be construed, as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
(d) No Third-Party Beneficiaries. These Terms are for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of these Terms.
(e) Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to these Terms is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule.
(f) Severability. If any term or provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of these Terms or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
* * *